Sunday, August 15, 2010

What a Crazy Time At Super-Fly Comics! Plus A Bunch of Other Cool Stuff!

As I type this, I dread the fact that my vacation ends as of 9 am tomorrow morning and I have to return to my day job. I did have an incredible vacation with incredible people, I just hate that it went by soooooo fast! I did also get the opportunity to get a lot of artwork done so it was beneficial to take the time off in many different ways.

I have been moving right along with the BRIT & IVY strips and I think I am on strip #14 as we speak. 10 more and I can start submitting to syndicates. WOOO HOO!! I have gotten a few requests for T-shirts featuring BRIT & IVY so I am in the process of getting those underway also!

At the beginning of last week, I signed on to do a 5 page project with Tony Wright, a cool individual who runs Champion City Comics (www.championcitycomics.com) The project is currently titled Phoebe & Eddie and no, I don't do art just for projects named after two people, it just happened that way LOL. Anyways, The writing is right up my alley and I was hooked instantly. I will be doing all the artwork for it including the Lettering. When I am able, I will start posting some stuff on here related to this project. Be sure to also check out www.championcitycomics.com to stay up to date on all that is going on over there also. Another cool little fact about Tony Wright is that he is a former Springfieldian, hence the company being named Champion City Comics! What a small small world it is!

Now for new on the Art Show! As always, a great, great experience. The guys at Super-Fly Comics (www.superflycomics.com) always go beyond the call of duty to make it an incredible experience. Jay King ( http://tabletopfetus.com ), Zane Reichert (http://zhreichert.deviantart.com ) and two individuals from the local studio, Twilight Star Studios, were in attendance. It started off with very hot and humid weather leading to some pretty nasty thunderstorms, so turn out wasn't incredible but those who did come in the door were pleasant and a joy to talk to and discuss our craft with. I was at the table with the Twilight guys, noooooo, not Jacob and Edward, but Bill and Gary. We hit it off well and as time went by, we were discussing me becoming a part of what they do! Soooooo, I will be sure to keep you posted on how this all evolves in coming weeks! You can check out there take on this event with pictures to boot at

http://www.comicrelated.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9105&st=20&gopid=53425&#entry53425

Zane has been at a good amount of the art shows and is a really cool guy on top of being an incredible sci-fi/fantasy artist. If he keeps it up, He'll be making the big bucks in no time!

Jay joined us last during the art show on Free Comic Day and not to be biased, but this guy has the making to make it, big time! Here is an Illustration that he Sketched up at the art show just to give ya a taste of what this man can do.

So over all, great people and a great time as always!

And now to close this blog as always, I bring to you, BRIT & IVY #10!!!



Until next time!
peace, love and laughter,

PohGo

No comments:

Post a Comment